Wednesday, July 14, 2010

More Specific Music

Ok. So I'm completely, weirdly, uninvolved in our music choices for the wedding reception (other than, as I mentioned, the cocktail hour). But, of course, there are some songs that we absolutely have to pick. And we've had a lot of fun coming up with those.

First up - The Wedding Party Entrance. And, since we love our wedding party (and we love this song choice), we'll be walking in to the same song. No changing songs. It woudl probably make for a "grander" entrance, but...meh. We're not exactly Grand Entrance people. Ya dig? And the winner is:



"Small Town," by John Mellencamp. This is so fitting for us. We really love Mellencamp - we've both seen him in concert several times, including once together. Plus, um, we really did grow up in a small town.

Okie-dokie. Moving on. Next up? The cake cutting:



"Lucky," by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat. I completely love this song. I suggested this as an alternative for our first dance, but when we ultimately decided to go with our first choice (coming up), this took honorable mention in the cake cutting.


After we cut the cake, we do our first dance. This song has been our song for a really long time, so people are not surprised when we tell them that this is our first dance:



"Chasing Cars," by Snow Patrol. I have been a huge fan of Snow Patrol for years, and when I first heard this song in particular, I could not stop talking to Matt about it. I sang it all the time. And when Matt finally heard it, he said it reminds him of me. I was a little worried about it being a bit long for a first dance, but Matt basically said, "Whatever. We've sat through all of their first dances...they can sit through ours. This is our song. That's it." So. That was that.


We haven't quite figured out the Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dances. I have made several suggestions to my dad, none of which he's really taken the bait on. I happen to love this song - it seriously makes me cry every single time I hear it. Which is a bad thing when I put Paul Simon on shuffle on my iPod, and it comes on when I'm sitting on the train. Crying on the train? Not cool. But this song? Absolutely adorable:



"Father and Daughter," by Paul Simon. Sorry for the crappy sound quality. I love this. But my dad seems to think it's too upbeat. Or something. He thinks it'll be hard to dance to. I disagree. I also suggested "In My Life," by the Beatles and "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/It's a Wonderful World," by the Glee cast (yup...the Glee cast...not the Iz version). Like I said, so far he doesn't seem to love any of them. He'll come around. Hee hee.
Matt and his mom have kind of talked about it, but I don't think Mrs. I has made up her mind quite yet. I don't even know what her thoughts are.

And, of course, the last song. I wanted something fun that would get everyone on the dance floor...including Matt, who's not at all a dancer. So:



"Good Lovin," by the Dead. I mean, you can't help but feel good when you hear this song, and you can't help but want to dance. And it's the Dead! Who are pretty much the awesome-est.

So there it is. Our music choices for the reception. I'm so excited to share these experiences and moments with our guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment