Tuesday, August 10, 2010

More Wedding Gifts

I promised that I'd tell you about the other part of the wedding gift I'm giving Matt. I was waiting until it was in motion, and now that it is, I'm happy to share!

I did a boudoir photo shoot! OMG, it was seriously the most fun ever. But let me back up a bit...

I had seen lots of boudoir shoots in the various wedding blogs, and I toyed with the idea of doing it. Then I found out that a friend of mine from high school, who is now a professional photographer, actually shoots boudoir, and the shots she had on her blog were great. So I got in touch with her and we worked out the details. I went shopping (had LOTS of fun at Victoria's Secret!) and wound up at her house this past Sunday. She had managed to find someone from Empire Beauty School to come and do my hair and makeup, at the cost of nothing more than a tip and the fake eyelashes she put on me. Brittany (the makeup artist) did a fantastic job - my hair looked styled but casual, and my makeup was amazing - she did a dark brown, slightly-toned-down, smokey eye (Megan kept calling it the Kim Kardashian) and added fake eyelashes. It looked awesome.

We spent about 2 hours taking photos. Megan made me feel really comfortable and relaxed (as relaxed as possible, being in my skivvies around 2 total strangers and 1 person who I hadn't seen in over 10 years!). She also managed to make feel completely HOT. I've never felt so sexy in my life, and I walked out of there with the highest self-confidence I've had in an awfully long time. It felt amazing.

I haven't seen the finished product yet, but the shots that I did get to see during the day were incredible. Megan somehow managed to make me look gorgeous. I remember at one point she showed me one and I actually said out loud, "Wow...I look quite pretty!" It was shocking to see myself like that! I don't think I'm going to post any pictures on my blog, but maybe... we'll have to see!

I would seriously recommend that every woman in the world should do a set of boudoir photos. If not for someone, do it for yourself - you will feel GREAT about yourself when you're done!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I totally want to do a budoir shoot. That sounds awesome. I am curious to see a teaser pic from yours! :D

    ReplyDelete