Friday, January 28, 2011

Fun Fact Friday

I work in a hospital.  Not sure if I've mentioned that.  So I see some absolutely craaaaazy stuff.  Seriously.  The human body is a weird, fascinating, scary thing.  Did you know...

I like how he/she is standing with a 'tude
Dimples are caused by the attachment of skin to a muscle.  Not so cute, now, are they?

The link between diabetes and sugar metabolism was first discovered by a French chemist in 1815 when he realized that the urine of a diabetic was similar to grape sugar.  I so don't want to know how he figured that out...

During one lifetime, the average human will grow 590 miles of hair.  Ewww...

A human thigh bone is stronger than concrete.

A sneeze generates a wind of 100mph.  A cough is 60mph.

Source, source, and source

No comments:

Post a Comment