Sunday, May 23, 2010

Food! Part 2

Now, you know what we'll be munching on during cocktail hour. Ready to find out what the real food will be? Cuz it's going to be awesome, too.

There won't be a bread basket to get passed around and man-handled by everyone at the table. Instead, each person will have a martini glass filled with slices of artisanal bread wtih some herbed butter pooled at the bottom. I couldn't find any pictures of this, but just picture it...yeah, pretty great, huh?

Salad will be a seasonal fall salad - baby spinach, apricots, dried cranberries, goat cheese, and walnuts, tossed in a cranberry vinaigrette. Yumm-o.

(source)

For the main course, each guest will have the option to choose (on the RSVP) from one of three meals. First up, the vegetarian option - a stacked vegetable napoleon served on top of Isreali couscous. I know it will include eggplant, but I'm not sure what other veggies will be there. Nonetheless, it looks good. We initially were oging to have a pasta dish with roasted veggies, but I feel like the vegetarian option is always pasta, so when David told us about this as a new option, we jumped on it. Change things up a bit, ya know?

Another choice is blackened tilapia with a smoked corn relish. I am slowly expanding my seafood horizons, and tilapia is the first fish that I've tried that I really like. I'm working my way up to salmon.

And last but not least, beef tenderloin with a sea salt rub. Lord knows I love me a good cut of steak.

(source)

Each of the entrees will be served with twice-baked potatoes and roasted vegetables. I think it's all gonna be delish, but of course can only choose one meal, so I'll be going with the steak. Matt's going to get the tilapia. And then we'll trade bites, like we always do.

Stay tuned for the cake, coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment