Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Etsy Love

Have you been on Etsy? You should. It's awesome. I'm obsessed. Since starting to plan our wedding, I have now purchased several items from various sellers. Etsy is basically an online marketplace of handmade goods and vintage wears. You can find anything on there. Here are some of the uber-fabulous things I've found...

Remember those wine glasses? The ones that were my inspiration for the color scheme of the wedding? Well, I contacted the seller and told that she was my inspiration, and asked her to set up a "registry" of items for us. And she did. She created (custom-painted) champagne flutes as well as salt and pepper shakers. They were purchased for us by Matt's fabulous aunt and cousins. Wanna see?


The champagne flutes are actually painted in our wedding colors. The salt and pepper shakers are as-shown, and we put salt in the bronze one and pepper in the white one so that the feathers really stand out. They're GORGE!!!
Ok, next! The feather fascinator for my hair. I don't know how I came up with the idea to check out Etsy for this, but I'm so glad I did. Seriously...how pretty is this:
This will be my only hair accessory - no veil, no headband. Just this pretty little thing and some curls. So simple and understated. Love it.
I wasn't really looking for jewelry. I don't wear a whole lot of jewelry on a day-to-day basis - my engagement ring, the aquamarine ring my mom had designed for me for my 21st birthday, and my watch. Since we got engaged, I have not been wearing my opal ring, but once it gets resized so I can wear it on my right hand, I will have that. [I used to wear it on the middle finger of my left hand, but Matt wants my left hand to have only my engagement and wedding rings. Too sweet to say no to, right?!] Oh, and my ever-present hair tie, even though my hair is short and I virtually never pull it back. Nonetheless, I found myself perusing Etsy one day, looking at jewelry. And I came across this:
Technically, that's a necklace. And I don't want to wear a necklace. So I contacted the seller and asked if she'd be able to make it into a bracelet. She did, and made a custom-sized bracelet (small chain for my tiny wrist and smaller feather). I just got it in the mail yesterday, and it's beautiful.
Oh, and we also ordered our wedding invitations from a seller on Etsy! She has worked with us really closely (well, through email), and has kept us up-to-date on her progress. She consulted us on every. single. aspect of the design process - colors, font...everything. She sent us samples of the cardstock she has so we could pick out exactly what we want, and also sent us samples of the 50 different fonts she frequently uses (but was also open to suggestions about other fonts if we had something else in mind.

I've also purchased a few other items (mostly baby gifts for the thousands of my friends and family who are having babies this year). Every single transaction has been pleasant, smooth, and easy.
Seriously...if you haven't checked it out, you should. You'll be hooked. But you'll thank me for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment