Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reverb Party

Day Nine - Party - What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010?  Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans. (Author: Shauna Reid)

So, obviously, the party of the year was our wedding.  Which I'll be describing.  In full detail.  As soooon as we get our pictures.  Be patient, my friends.

Day Ten - Wisdom - What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?  (Author: Susannah Conway)

Forking over the extra dough to hire David Everett as our day-of coordinator for our wedding.  I know it sounds stupid and petty, but seriously...this saved me from going crazy, breaking down, and probably all-out killing someone.  I would have been annoyed at having to wrangle our wedding party for the important moments.  I would have definitely been running behind schedule.  I would have noticed little things that went wrong.  I would have not had the patience to deal with vendor issues (if there were any).  Because we hired David, I didn't have to worry about any of that.  David kept our wedding party in check.  He kept us on schedule.  He dealt with any issues that came up (and kept whatever they might have been a total secret from me!).  He kept things moving along smoothly.  He kept me sane.  Best of all - he actually cared about doing all of that.  He wasn't just doing it because we were paying him to do it.  He wanted us to have a perfect day.  He'd cleared his schedule for Friday night and Saturday before we even confirmed that we wanted to hire him, because he wanted to make sure he'd be there for us.  That's why we love him.  That's why it was the best decision we made this year.

Day Eleven - 11 Things - What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011?  How will you go about eliminating them?  How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?  (Author: Sam Davidson)

1) Jaded-ness.  I know, it's not a word.  But seriously, you guys, this job has majorly jaded me.  Or made me majorly jaded.  Whatever.  I've got to remember why I went into social work, and remember that - at their core - people are good.

2) Gossip.  I've started feeling like I can be a bit mean sometimes.  I have to stop that. 

3) Sarcasm.  Kind of goes along with #2.  Sarcasm is great.  But not at someone else's expense.

4) Frivolous spending.  Stop shopping just because I "think" I "need" something.  I don't.  Really.  Or, if it's something we really do need, then shop around for the best deal.  Don't just see something, like it, buy it, no matter the cost.  If we're thinking baby-time soon, we need to get smarter about money.

5) Carbs.  Not all together.  I'm not capable of going full carb-free.  But I do need to cut back.  Carbs are simple sugars.  They don't break down.  They stick around and form ugly lumps on my belly and butt. 

6) Laziness.  Going along with #5, it's really time to get my lumpy butt and belly back to the gym.  Not just for weight loss, but also just for overall health.  I have my own car now, so I have no excuse not to go after work, directly from the train station.

7) Celebrity gossip blogs.  Kind of goes along with #2.  I'm sure celebrities don't appreciate me gossiping about them, either.  And some of those blogs are so catty. 

8) Huffing.  I huff.  A lot.  At work.  It's gotta stop.

9) Rolling my eyes.  Same as #8.

10) Chewing my cuticles.  Um, cuz it's gross.  And I work at a hospital.  Infection lurks on every surface.  I'm surprise I haven't caught CHF or something.

11) This was going to say "alcohol," but I don't really believe that I need to stop drinking completely.  For a few rather personal reasons, though, I do feel like I need to cut back.  So, how about a few glasses of wine per week?  Is that fair?

No comments:

Post a Comment