Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Must Be Getting Close

I'd heard talk about wedding dreams on the blogosphere, but had yet to experience it for myself, and foolishly thought I'd be able to get through the whole planning process unscathed. Oh, silly, naive little me. I had my first "wedding nightmare" last night. Vividly remember it, and it felt very real - when I woke up, I still felt like crying. Urgh... I hope this doesn't continue!

In my dream, we made it through the ceremony without a hitch. Matt and I were married and all was right with the world. We were sitting upstairs in a balcony that overlooked the main sanctuary (which, by the way, doesn't exist in our church!), having our quiet couple moment, when I got called off for some photos with my ladies. I went downstairs with a promise that I'd come back to get him when it was time for our couples pictures. After a few minutes of pictures with the bridal party, I did go back up to get him, and he was nowhere to be found. I looked all over the church and just couldn't find him. I was sitting upstairs, starting to cry, thinking he'd already left me, when he came around the corner...in ratty jeans and t-shirt. His beautiful brown tux, in which he'd looked so devastatingly handsome, was gone. I jumped up and ran over to him, and he stank like a mechanic (you know, that working-on-cars all day smell, not saying that mechanics have B.O. or anything). I asked him what was going on, where was his tux, what happened...

Apparently, one of our guests' cars wouldn't start, and so he got into the car to help. Suddenly, the emergency brake started leaking all of this oil and brake fluid into the car and all over him...and his tux. [Um, yes, I am very much aware of the fact that this is not possible in any way, but who ever said dreams reflect reality?] He was forced to change out of his tux, and these ratty jeans and holy t-shirt were the only clothes he had packed.

I was devastated. I was bawling. We'd have to pay so much for the ruined tux (in my dream, it was $800, which also is completely absurd)! Our wedding pictures would be ruined! This is how I'm supposed to remember our wedding?! To top it off, none of his groomsmen would lend him their tux! How rude!

And that's when I woke up - crying because my new husband looked ridiculous in dirty clothes and our wedding reception and pictures were ruined. So silly, right?!

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww :( It's not silly but it's also totally just a dream! Here's to hoping tonight you dream about, I don't know, falling off a cliff or something a little more common! :D

    ReplyDelete