Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Few of My Favorite...

Geez, I have neglected the blog a bit recently.  I realized today I haven't done a 10 Day You in weeks.  And I missed Man-Candy Monday this week (again).  And I haven't done a Oh, How Pinteresting Wednesday in weeks, either.  So...this week's


google


Are just a few of my favorite things.  People, movies, music, sports...whatever. 

Death Cab for Cutie

Friends

So You Think You Can Dance - the Butt Dance!

Batteries Not Included

My Pitt Growl Towel.  I miss being a part of the Panther Pitt

Steelers Football.  Hines Ward.

Michigan Football.  Charles Woodson.

Savion Glover.
If you haven't seen Batteries Not Included, you really should.  It's 80s cheese, but super sweet and a lot of fun.  And you should check out some videos of Savion Glover tap-dancing.  He's amazeballs, you guys.  I got to see him in person in his Broadway show Bring in 'da Noise, Bring in 'da Funk, and I was absolutely, totally, completely in awe.  The guy has more talent in his pinkie than I ever could in 25 lifetimes combined.  Have you seen Happy Feet?  That's him doing the taps for Mumble.

The Panther Pitt is what we affectionally call the Student Section at Pitt home games.  I loved going to the games, and I miss it terribly.  Matt and I keep talking about going out for a game, but it just never works with our schedule in the fall. 

And yes, I live in Pennsylvania, grew up surrounded by Penn State fans (blech!), and went to Pitt.  But I am a Michigan football fan.  It hasn't been easy in the past few years, but - hey - we are nothing if not loyal.  Charles Woodson is - hands down - one of the best players to ever grace the field at UM Stadium, if not the game of football.  He's incredible.  Along with Desmond Howard, Jason Avant, Tom Brady, Chad Henne, Braylon Edwards....just to a name a few.  Michigan's produced some pretty stand-out players!

*all photos from my Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. I loved Batteries Not Included when I was a kid. I totally forgot about it until now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just stumbled here... i went to a death cab concert a few weeks ago, and it was great, i recommend seeing them live

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that Friends episode is HYSTERICAL. "Hi, I'm Chandler, could I BE wearing anymore clothes?"

    ReplyDelete