Sunday, September 18, 2011

More Projects

Yesterday, I told you that I was going a little bit, um, nuts around the house.  Today, I finished my final project.  For now.  I'm still convinced I'm going to repaint our kitchen and paint the cabinets.  Some day...

This was my inspiration picture.
from
I went to Michael's and checked out the canvas/styrofoam.  Both were considerably out of my price range in the 12x12 or even 9x9 options (even 12x12 styrofoam was $5 a piece - no thanks!).  I had just about given up, when I came across some hidden packages of 4 6x6 canvases, on sale, for $12.  I picked up 2 packages, plus an extra single 6x6 (also on sale for $3).  I went nuts in the scrapbook paper aisle.  No, literally, I went nuts.  There were so many options, I had no idea what direction to go in.  I really like the monocromatic look in the inspiration photo, but they didn't have enough paper in one color that I really liked.  So, after about 35-45 minutes of picking paper, putting it back, picking it up again, laying it out in the store....I decided to mix it up a little.

I got it all home, and since the canvas is wrapped around and stapled into wooden frames, I thought I could do the same.  I got out the stapler, and, lo and behold, it worked!  I wrapped most of them last night, then hung them this morning (after running back out to A.C. Moore to get the picture hangers, oops!).



I'm really happy with the way the whole thing turned out.  Hanging them was kind of a PIA, but it was worth it.

Matt got home today and loves all the new decor.  Yay!

3 comments:

  1. oooh! really, really enjoying this one! you're set on inspiring me to get my walls decorated, i tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Erin. What a nice focal point. Is it near the entrance?

    Thanks for sharing your PIN diy. Glad it was worth it.

    Reese
    http://rambleswithreese.etsy.com
    http://rambleswithreese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete