Monday, June 7, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

I came across this idea on another blog, and thought it was really kind of beautiful. Simple, yet thought-provoking. It forces you to step back, take in the big picture, and enjoy the moment in your life. I need that every now and then - my job as a social worker can really make me jaded and pessimistic sometimes.

The Simple Woman's Daybook was created, it seems, back in January. People post their own daybook entries to their own blogs, and then link them back to the main site. I love this idea. It really gives you a chance to even further reflect on your moments and appreciate where you are.

So, with no further ado, my daybook for the week (I will try to do this weekly, but I make no promises):

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... blue skies, green trees
I am thinking... so far, it's been a good day
I am thankful for... Matt getting up to drive me to the train station, even though he has the day off
From the kitchen... Matt's simmering a pot of his homemade meatballs today for meatball hoagies for dinner
I am wearing... a green shirt with white dress pants - I love that I can wear white pants now
I am creating... a thousand (ok, 90) cootie catchers for our wedding
I am going... to try harder
I am reading... wedding blogs. I should expand
I am hoping... that Matt's "surgery" goes well this afternoon
I am hearing... the noisy air conditioner in our office
Around the house... we got a lot done this weekend!
One of my favorite things... when Matt and I sit on the couch and make silly faces at each other, just to hear each other
laugh, and then talk about how if other people saw us, we'd surely be committed
A few plans for the rest of the week... Friday night I'm having my own "girls night in" while Matt is away
Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...

I saw this little guy hanging out outside the window of my apartment last year. On that day, he and I were totally in similar states of mind - I had just gotten back from lazying around the pool at my apartment complex.Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment