Monday, June 14, 2010

Inspiration!

Ok, so like pretty much any bride who's planning her wedding, I've seen a lot of wedding photos over the past few months. All kinds of pictures from all kinds of affairs. And I keep being inspired by so many things. Even things that would never work for our wedding. There are so many beautiful, interesting, incredible images out there. Here are some of the ones that I've looked at and thought, "Wow. Now that is awesome!"

First things first. I came across Mrs. Dolphin's wedding on Weddingbee the other day. I loooooooove her dress. This is exactly what I hope I look like in my dress, cuz it's very similar. She's a gorgeous bride, isn't she?

(source)

I'm not big into jewelry. I don't plan to wear a necklace, and I only decided to wear a bracelet because I found one that I fell totally in love with. But I am so drawn to this picture of this bride. That statement necklace (as I've learned they're called) is just stunning!

(source)

I'm also not at all a shoe person, but have found that I'm looking at tons of pictures of shoes, trying to find something that I like to go with my dress. Every now and then, I see a show and feel a bit of Carrie Bradshaw rising up within me. Seriously! Sometimes, I actually gasp. I mean, look at these!
(source)

And these!

(source)

And...oooh, sparkly!

(source)

And then maybe something a little more fun than a pair of regular ole flip-flops for the reception. Like these.

(source)

I love this picture of (what I think is) the wedding party. It looks posed but natural at the same time. And everyone looks like they're happy and having a great time!

(source)

If we were having a summer wedding, I'd probably want to do at least the ceremony part outdoors. And I would definitely want to incorporate these. Somehow. Maybe down the aisle.

(source)

It's funny. I love watching cake decorating shows: Ace of Cakes, the cake showdowns...all that stuff. And yet, I really couldn't have cared less about our cake. We didn't really even want a cake. We wanted to do a display of petits-fours "cake pops," and give each guest 2. However, that's not to say I haven't looked at wedding cake pictures. So...if we really cared about our cake, and had a limitless cake budget, I would love to do something like this.
(source)

That cake, by the way, is from a bakery in Philadelphia, in my old neighborhood of Chestnut Hill. I've never had their cakes, but their homemade ice cream is freaking awesome. I also love the simplicity of this one:
(source)

We're not using calla lilies in our wedding. Don't get me wrong, I think they're beautiful flowers (we have them in our own garden), but they're not what I was picturing for the type of wedding we wanted to have. But for real? How. Cool. Is. This?

(source)

So that's it. Some of the many photos that I've tucked away as inspiration for our wedding day. Working out a way for them to maybe make an appearance on our special day, but in our own special way.

No comments:

Post a Comment