Wednesday, May 4, 2011

New York Trip...and Quiz!

2 weeks ago, Matt and I spent the night of our 6-month anniversary in New York City.  The hotel stay and tickets to a show were gifted to us by our friends GM Matt and BM Steph.  Steph and I have been friends since childhood, and the two boys can say the same.  It was at their house in Boston where Matt and I met.  They have been a part of our relationship from the very beginning, through the good times (we said I love you for the first time at their house) and the bad (I lived with them for three weeks when Matt and I broke up).  So they know us better than probably anyone else.  And they knew that a trip to New York would be perfect for us.

We arrived at the hotel and checked into our room, then headed downtown to see Ground Zero.  I hadn't been there since 9/11, even though I'd been in the city plenty of times.  I just couldn't even bring myself to go down there.  Now, it looks like a big construction zone, as they are rebuilding some of the towers and creating the memorials.  We spent about 2 hours down there, then headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner.  After an ok dinner at Nino's Positano, we went to our show - Avenue Q.  If you haven't seen this show yet, do yourself a favor and go.  It is absolutely hysterical.  After the show, we stopped in at an Irish pub for some live Irish music and a few drinks, before heading back to the Waldorf to finish off the night with our complimentary cocktails (dirty martinis!).  Here are just a few photos from Saturday...




Steel beam cross from Ground Zero

Dedicated to the survivors of 9/11


The next morning, we woke up and walked over to Ellen's Stardust Diner to meet the tour bus for the New York TV and Movie tour.  The tour took us all over the city, and I was so excited to see parts of the city I'd never seen before - Alphabet City, the lower east side, Tribeca, SoHo, etc.  Really really fun.

So, are you ready for the quiz? 

1

2

3

4

5

6
7

8

9

Can you name the celebrity?

10

11

12

In a comment, name as many as you can.  Like I said, you won't really win anything other than bragging rights; I just thought it might be fun!  I'll post the answers on Friday!

3 comments:

  1. I will be TERRIBLE at the quiz but it looks like you guys saw a lot of awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 - Spiderman?
    8 - Chuck and Larry?
    10 - Sex and the City!
    11 - Friends!
    12 - Seinfeld!

    The celebrity is Jeremy Piven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a perfect 6 mo anniversary!! The hotel was gorgeous and I was thinking the same thing..Jeremy Piven!!

    ReplyDelete