Wednesday, June 1, 2011

80s reborn

Ok, um...what's up with the resurgence of 1980s fashion?  Seriously?  I went to the mall today, and I saw 80s all over!  The bright colors.  Wayfarers?  There have been celebrities spotted wearing acid wash!  And the crossbody bag?  I wish I'd known they'd come back in style - I had 4 of them back in 1988.  I mean, seriously, all of this was readily available on polyvore:






I'm pretty sure I owned that outfit at some point. 

This upsets me.  I can't deal with the 80s coming back.  I hated the 80s.  And the early 90s.  It was all so...bright.  Loud.  It worked for a bunch of assholes running around snorting coke?  But c'mon.  Today's winos and beer snobs (myself included) just shouldn't have to wear things so bright!

What do you think?  Are you on board with the 80s revival?  Or do you prefer the soft muted colors from the past couple of years (which, really, was a bit of a late 60s/early 70s revival).  Give me my blacks, tans, and flared jeans any day of the week, thank you!

3 comments:

  1. I always thought the 80s clothes were the worst, but they are slowly but surely coming back!! Remember Jelly shoes?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SAW jelly shoes at DSW a couple of weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right! I saw a ton of acid wash leggings in Target today, what the heck?!

    I loved me some Jellies. :)

    ReplyDelete