Sunday, July 10, 2011

10 Day You

Krysten, at After I Do, just started this challenge.  Thought I'd give it a shot, too.  So every Sunday for next ten weeks, check back to learn a little something about yours truly!


Ten Secrets:

1. When I was younger, I took synchronized swimming lessons.  I did it for 10 years.  I competed in the Keystone State Games (PA's version of the Olympics) and actually won a few medals.  I really loved it!!  When my mom, sister, and I went to the Olympics in Atlanta in 1996, we got tickets to see the team competition.  I was so happy.



2.  In high school, I lied about when I had my first kiss.  I told people it happened at the beach when I was 14.  I actually didn't have my first kiss until I was 17.  What?!  I was a late bloomer!

3.  I actually usually prefer to stay home and watch movies than go out.  Going out requires so much effort.  Truth is, I like sitting on my butt in my pjs.

4.  I'm addicted to Angry Birds.


5.  I get so sucked in to tv shows sometimes that I feel like the characters are real people, and I talk about them like I know them.

6.  I am a chronic pessimist, but only when it comes to my health.  When I first started having migraines, I was convinced I was dying of a brain tumor.  When my knee started hurting, I started preparing myself for a knee replacement.

7.  Sometimes, I hear myself talk, and I think I sound like a huge bitch.  I'm trying to work on that.

8.  I used to say that the girls in my high school were so bitchy and mean and catty and cliquish.  Now, almost 15 years out of high school, I see a lot of people being friends on facebook who didn't speak to each other in high school.  I find myself thinking, "Psh, I'm not gonna be friends with her, she wouldn't give me the time of day in high school!"  I'm starting to realize that I'm the one perpetuating the cliquish-ness.  I need to get over it.

9.  My biggest pet peeve is when people lack elevator etiquette.  You're supposed to wait until the people get off the elevator before you start barelling onto it.  It secretly makes me just fume inside.

10.  When I was younger, I participated in a YMCA program called Indian Princesses with my dad.  It was awesome at the time, but looking back now, I realize how terribly un-PC it was.  We had Indian Names (my dad was Running Fox, and I was Dawn Dancer).  We used to go to biannual Pow-Wows, where we'd camp (in cabins) for a weekend and have ceremonies where we'd pray to the Great Spirit, do archery, and go canoeing.  We wore head-dresses with feathers and beads and painted our faces.  It was a lot of fun, and great opportunity for bonding with my dad, but....yikes.


Not us, but this was pretty typical



So there ya go.  Some of my deep, dark secrets.  I know...scandalous!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you took synchronized swimming lessons! My sister and I used to make up our own routines in the pool or lake. I’m also addicted to Angry Birds. I get stuck on a level and before I know it, 30 minutes has gone by! I am a homebody too. I do like going out, but you’re right it’s a lot of effort these days. And I’m always so tired the next day getting up with my kids at 6:00 am. I’m so old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I hate the elevator thing too..I can't stand when people pile on before I even have a chance to get off! Sooo rude!

    ReplyDelete