Sunday, July 24, 2011

10 Day You


1.  Ferris wheels.  No, I'm not kidding.  I hate ferris wheels.  I have yet to be on one that didn't feel completely unsturdy, and I hate that feeling.  I won't ride them anymore. 

Nope, not even the Eye of London
2.  This is probably obvious, but losing someone close to me.

3.  Our children being bullied.  I know there are a lot of other terrible things that could happen, but bullying seriously terrifies me.  It can cause so much damage.  Lasting damage.  

4.  Sharks.  Which is funny, since I've been snorkeling and seen sharks and didn't really care much.  But probably because it was a reef shark, and they're pretty harmless.  Or maybe because I was on the Great Barrier Reef and nothing could have taken away from that.  But, like, great whites?  Yikes.

5.  Losing our home.  Not, like, we can't pay the mortgage and we have to foreclose.  But physically losing it, like in a fire.

6.  Bats.  If I'm outside and a bat is flyng nearby, I guarantee you, I am freaking. out.  


7.  Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).  Also known as Lou Gerhig's Disease.  It is just a heartbreaking disease.  I have a deep, deep compassion for our patients with ALS, and the thought of ever receiving that diagnosis is so scary.

8.  The economy crashing.  I know, heavy, right?  But seriously, if the US has to default on its loans, it will be an enormous disaster.  It will be the Great Depression, revisted.  It's a very scary prospect.

*all images from google

2 comments:

  1. i feel the same way about ferris wheels! i will ride roller coasters till theres no tomorrow but i hate how flimsy ferris wheels feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good list! Well, not good, but, you know. Hahaha. The London eye was so big inside it didn’t feel like a ferris wheel at all. Each pod holds like 30 people. Bullying is so sad. Nolan is about to turn three and we’re contemplating preschool for a few hours a day, but that’s what terrifies me. Yes, even at 3 years old. Ew…bats!? We don’t see them much around here, but when we do (I think I’ve seen two in my life), it’s a really creepy, eerie feeling. I don’t think people give enough thought to the economy. It totally could happen.

    ReplyDelete