Sunday, April 17, 2011

Chicken Ravioli and Pesto sauce

You guys, I just made up a dinner.  Pretty much all by myself.  I'll try to tell you what I did, but I didn't measure anything.  Just threw things together and hoped it tasted good.  And it did!

I made chicken ravioli and a pesto sauce.  For the ravioli, I did cheat a little bit.  I used store-bought wanton wrappers.  Super-duper easy.  For the filling, I boiled 2 breasts of chicken, and then cut them into little chunks.  I fed the chunks into my food processor and shredded it.  Then I added the shredded chicken back to the food processor and pulsed it with about 8oz of ricotta cheese.  I say about 8oz because I had a 15oz container and I used about half.  I added a little bit of salt, pepper, and basil for flavor.  Once that was mixed, I filled the wanton wrappers with about a teaspoon of the filling, sealed them up, and dropped them in boiling water for about 7 minutes.  Again, I say about because, well, to be honest, I wasn't paying attention.  But 7 sounds about right.  Be sure to seal them really well - I didn't, so some of them were like little floating water pockets and I had to leak the water out before plating them.

The pesto sauce was totally just eyeballing.  I put about, oh, maybe 2 cups of spinach into my food processor.  Pulsed it to break it down, then added about 1/4 cup of pine nuts, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, a pinch of salt, and about 1 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic.  Pulsed that again to mix it well, then ran it on low and added some olive oil.  I have no idea how much olive oil.  I really just eyeballed it till it looked like the right consistency.

Sorry for the vagueness, but it was a completely fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants meal.  And it turned out pretty freaking yummy, if I do say so myself.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love pesto, yet sometimes I cheat and buy the stuff in the jar and then put it on chicken or pasta salad..its sooo good!

    ReplyDelete