Tuesday, April 19, 2011

NYC Quiz

Matt and I are headed to New York City this weekend for our 6-month anniversary.  Gifted to us by our sweet friends BM Steph and GM Matt, we'll be spending Saturday seeing Avenue Q and sleeping in luxury at the Waldorf-Astoria.  We're also planning to go out for a nice dinner (thanks to travelzoo.com - dinner for 2 plus a bottle of wine for $60!).  We were trying to decide what else to do during our time there.  Last night, I stumbled across On Location Tours, and knew immediately this was something we had to do!  We had done a movie tour in Philadelphia a few years ago and had a blast.  Do you have any idea how many movies have been filmed in Philly?  Aside from the obvious - Rocky and Philadelphia - all of M. Night Shyamalan's movies have been filmed in and around Philly, Law Abiding Citizen, Marley and Me, In Her Shoes, the National Treasure series...tons of others.  I think on the tour, we saw spots where at least 30 different films were, well, filmed. 

Initially, the site caught my eye because they have a Sopranos tour.  Matt and I have been rewatching the series over the past several months, so I thought it would be kind of cool to take a tour of all the Sopranos sites.  But then I saw the New York TV and Movies Tour.  Not only do you see stuff from a LOT of different tv shows and movies, but you also get to see almost the entire island of Manhatten!  I've been to New York City a lot, but mostly stay in the Theater district - Midtown.  I've definitely never ventured any further north than the Natural History Museum (Central Park West, I think), and have only been down to the financial district once, and that was about 20 years ago when I went with my parents and we went to the top of the World Trade Tower.  So I'm excited to get to see more parts of Manhatten than I usually do. 

Some of the stops on the tour include the brownstone from I Am Legend, the apartment building in Friends, the firestation from Ghostbusters, and lots of others. 

So I'm thinking of doing a New York TV and Movie tour photo quiz.  I'll take some pictures on the tour, and post them up here, and you guys can take a guess as to what the photo refers to.  No prizes or anything, other than, you know, bragging rights.  Just something fun.  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. You guys are going to have a blast! I think the location tour sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete