Friday, April 22, 2011

Fun Fact Friday

It's Easter weekend, so let's discuss some fun Easter facts!

 ~ How do you eat your chocolate bunny?  76% of Americans go ears first.  5% eat the feet first, and 4% eat the tail first.  I know that's only 85% - I don't know what the other 15% do.  Just look at it?

~ Americans buy more than 700 Peeps during Easter season.  Side note: when Matt used to drink coffee, he would drop a peep in it instead of sugar.  He called it a Peepacino.  I think he should market it to Starbucks.

~ 16 billion jelly beans are made for Easter.  I wonder of that includes Bertie Botts Every Flavor bean.

~ Pretzels used to be associated with Easter because the twist in the middle resembled arms crossing in prayer.

~ The White House has hosted an Easter Egg Roll since 1978

~ The world's largest jar of jelly beans weighed 6,050 pounds.  I might want to swim in that.

~ What do you go for in your Easter basket?  76% of kids go right for the chocolate bunny, followed by 18% for marshmallow treats, 17% for malted milk balls, and 16% for jelly beans.  I feel like that doesn't add up.  Anyway, I dove right for the peanut butter eggs and/or the Cadbury creme eggs.  Ugh, I'm drooling.

Have a great Easter, everyone!

This was emailed to me years ago.  No idea where it came from.
 *all facts from here and here

1 comment: